Extensive guide to English and Russian languages. Offering a comprehensive look at both languages, it includes over 185, 000 words and phrases and 290, 000 translations. The Oxford Russian Dictionary provides exceptional coverage of regional Russian, British, and American dialects as well as of modern idioms and colloquial usage, with numerous illustrative examples. It also includes all common abbreviations and acronyms, such as DTP, ROM, AIDS, and others; helpful advice on difficult points of grammar; and pronunciation in the International Phonetic Alphabet for every English headword, an indispensable aid for Russian speakers. Unsurpassed in convenience and in comprehensive, reliable coverage, this new edition of The Oxford Russian Dictionary will be the first choice for students, teachers, translators, and anyone who needs to keep abreast of the Russian language as it is spoken.
• All the latest vocabulary from "hyperinflation" to "multimedia" and from "cash machine" to "electronic security system".
• Special emphasis is given to current idioms and colloquial usage with thousands of examples to illustrate their use.
• The latest business, computing, and specialist vocabulary is included along with common abbreviations and acronyms.
• Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Now Oxford dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
• Morphology module helps to translate words from any grammatical form (for English and Russian dictionaries).
• Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Uses Google voice recognition service).
• English and Russian audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
• Integrate Oxford dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
• Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Oxford dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
• Dictionary installation on memory cards.
• Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
• Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
• Multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.
• Paragon keyboard for accurate text input in English, German and Russian languages.***
* To turn on this option, install Oxford dictionary. Then go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items and mark Oxford dictionary.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.
***For keyboard activation: long press on ‘123’ button at Standard keyboard -> Select Input Method -> Paragon keyboard.
Paragon Software Group is the leading developer of multi-platform software applications for smartphones and desktop computers. Our product portfolio includes over 120 Multilingual Dictionaries (for 30+ languages and all possible language pair combinations) with databases by the world’s leading publishing houses such as Merriam-Webster, Collins, Duden, PONS, Van Dale, VOX, etc.
For more information visit www.penreader.com
tags: english, russian, dictionary, dictionaries, reference, translate, language, translation, software